The Remote Support Specialist is accountable for delivering technical support for OnPoint, Walker’s Remote Monitoring and Management services, with the objective of ensuring that client environments remain stable and functional. The primary areas of responsibility include performing service delivery activities for Managed OnPoint Server, Managed OnPoint Workstation, Managed OnPoint BDR and Cloud Services. The Remote Support Specialist may act as an SME for certain technology areas within the department to provide both pre-Sales and project support where appropriate.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and services delivery across the Managed OnPoint and Cloud hosted servers portfolio.
- Complete necessary reports or documentation, including but not limited to: reviewing error logs, trending disk space usage, and raising awareness of expiring licenses
- Communicate any issues/concerns identified to the clients and/or team members; may perform remediation steps based on team consensus
- Continually identify and propose operational and service related improvements, including the development of Best Practices
- Cross train with other Remote Support Specialists to perform related work functions at least 40% of the time
- Assist with deployments for any of the OnPoint service offerings
- Occasional help desk assistance
- Occasional handling of escalations (remote or on-site)
- Meet monthly Utilization target
- Continued focus on professional development, which can include obtaining certifications required for service knowledge and maintaining vendor partnerships
- 3+ years’ experience providing technical support for Microsoft Servers, firewalls, and networking
- 1-2 years’ dedicated experience with managing backup and disaster recovery solutions preferred
- Practical knowledge of RMM toolsets, such as LabTech, preferred
- Strong conceptual understanding of a holistic BDR design
- Datto, Certified Data Recovery Professional (CDRP), or equivalent certification preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to translate technical findings into the high level business impact
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and help drive change
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
- 20% or less travel required with personal vehicle.