The Senior OnCall Specialist is accountable for assisting clients in need of remote support. The Senior OnCall Specialist will ensure a timely response and appropriate resolution to clients having technical issues that have reached out to The Walker Group’s OnCall department.
- Triage and solve issues communicated via phone, e-mail or alerting systems
- Efficiently use remote control tools to support clients
- Document all activities conducted
- Identify, track and escalate severe issues and problematic trends in a timely manner
- Solve backup failures and restore files
- Setup and troubleshoot e-mail functionality, workstations, servers and appliances
- Malware/Virus clean-up
- Setup and configure mobile devices
- Occasional internal IT support
- Mentor OnCall Specialists
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 3+ years’ experience providing technical help desk support in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years’ experience with desktop operating systems and application support, including Microsoft Office and a wide range to third party applications
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Recent experience with Windows server support
- Ability to troubleshoot desktop and laptop hardware
- Ability to use independent judgement when solving issues that have no pre-existing solution
- Knowledge of networking protocols and applications (TCP/IP, DHCP, VPN)
- Mac experience and SonicWall experience preferred
- A+ Certification is preferred
- Backup Exec experience is preferred
- Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Less than 5% local travel required with personal vehicle.